- PHP, Python, Java
- Android Mobile, Kotlin
- SQL Databases
- C, C++, bash, Perl, SQL
- GitHub, VS Code
- Windows, Linux
BS COMPUTER SCIENCE
University of North Carolina Asheville
I am a seasoned applications/systems developer with experience in the following
- N-tier database applications development
- Mobile applications development
- Network services provisioning
- Embeded micro-controller development
LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
CorgiHat Development | 2014 - Present
A personal software project to design and develop Android Mobile applications to support the arts
and non-profit community.
- Published applications in the Google Play Store
IT SR. ENGINEER - SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Segra | January 2019 - Present
Working as a lead member of the Operations Support Systems (OSS) Development team to maintain the
existing systems and support additional system integrations.
- Maintained and enhanced existing OSS provisioning system for GPON, VoIP, IPTV, and Metro
- Developed interfaces for internal ticket system to external vendors
- Created Python tools to support data migration from legacy systems to NetCracker Inventory
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Lumos Networks | December 2010 - December 2018
Lead developer on the integration of Legacy WV Fibernet systems into the Lumos systems. Transitioned
to support and enhance the new systems as a member of the OSS Development team.
- Maintained existing OSS provisioning system for ADSL, GPON, VoIP, IPTV, and Metro Ethernet
- Developed further system enhancements integrating various external provisioning systems into the
OSS user interface
- Built an in-house mobile application to automate the gathering of sales leads by employees
LEAD SOFTWARE ENGINEER
WV Fibernet | September 2003 - December 2010
Project lead on the implementation of the web based n-tiered Operations Support System Application
- Developed tool to migrate legacy Excel Spreadsheet records into new system
- Assisted in automating an external billing records review that saved the company $250,000 in
unnecessary vendor charges over a one year period.
Enterprise Network Applications | April 2000 - August 2003
Worked on the thick client user interface of a three-tiered Operations Support System (OSS)
application to support small to mid-sized telephone companies with order processing, data line
provisioning, inventory control and trouble ticketing using a web based business services layer
working on an Oracle database back end.
- Started the migration to a completly web bases system.
Johnson Controls / Encore | March 1998 - April 2000
Supported the deveopment of Real Time Embedded controller software.
Experience included working on in-house Real Time Operating System and visual embedded development environments.
- Maintained embedded controller and Windows based C++ monitoring software.
- Developed upgrades to various embedded refrigeration controls and safety systems.
The Learning Company / HyperGlot | December 1994 - March 1998
Implemented several commercial foreign language teaching software products.
- Lead Developer on the Spanish For Everyone (formerly Travel Talk) product, along with the German, Fench and Italian language versions.
- Developed several in house tools to managed speech recognition grammer integration with multi-meedia assests.
- Incorporated Lernout and Hauspie’s Speech Recognition Technology into the
entire line of PC based foreign language applications including the Learn To Speak series